They say chocolate milk is an amazing recovery drink for athletes. But, this athlete doesn't drink dairy milk! So I made my own, substantially more complicated version of chocolate milk, and it's my go-to drink after a hard workout. It's packed with protein, vitamins, and fiber, and fills me up until I'm ready to eat a real meal, which I normally can't do after pushing my body hard. Just add all these ingredients to your blender (which I hope is a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
The Best Post-Workout Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla or unflavored protein powder (I use Garden of Life Sport)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1 frozen banana or 1 cup of frozen banana pieces*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- ice water as needed for texture
It's so tasty you'll forget that it's incredible for you.
With love and delicious smoothies from us to you,