This is my youngest daughter's request most weekday mornings, and it works out perfectly for me because it's fast, requires no cooking, and keeps her full until snack time at school. Plus, it's got everything a growing girl needs: antioxidants and vitamins from the blueberries and pineapples, protein and fatty acids from the hemp seeds, probiotics for healthy digestion, and a touch of basil so her little taste buds get to expand their horizons.
To make enough for 2-3 servings, combine the following in a Vitamix and blend until smooth!
- 2.5 cups almond or coconut milk
- 3 T raw hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)
- 2 T hemp or other protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen banana
- 1.5 -2 cups frozen blueberries (I love the tiny, wild ones)
- 1/2 cup probiotic drink of choice
- 8-10 leaves of fresh basil
Hope you love it as much as we do!!
With love and a touch of basil from us to you,