I love a good green smoothie. I drink them all the time. But occasionally, I like to mix things up a little, and tahini is one of my favorite ways to do it.
FUN FACTS ABOUT TAHINI
- It contains protein (5 grams per two-tablespoon serving)
- It contains omega-3 and 6 essential fatty acids
- It has high levels of copper, magnesium, and manganese
- It has 10% of your recommended daily intake of calcium and iron per serving
- Tahini is hugely rich in phytosterols, which are helpful in lowering cholesterol
Oh, and it tastes incredible! So try this nutritional superhero in your next smoothie, and let us know how it goes! My favorite recipe is below.
TAHINI SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2 T tahini
- 2 T protein powder (I use Nutiva hemp protein)
- 1 frozen banana (I freeze mine sliced and laid flat in ziploc bags - so easy!)
- 1 cup almond or vanilla almond milk
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 T pumpkin seeds (raw)
- 2 walnuts
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 5 ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a dash on top for style points
Blend all ingredients in a Vitamix or high-speed blender until creamy and smooth, and enjoy!
With love and splendid health from us to you,