NATURAL SKINCARE PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company in Carbondale, CO. We currently make all of our products (soap, skin care, and natural perfumes) at our facilities. We are passionate about educating people about healthy personal care products, and we are proud to create luxurious, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously sourced ingredients.
We are looking for a Production Team Member to help with the duties surrounding product manufacturing. We need someone dependable, efficient, very detail-oriented and neat, with a strong work ethic and an eye for quality. We have a great team and look forward to investing in the right person to make Osmia even better.
- Preparing areas for production, using sterile techniques as directed
- Sanitizing containers
- Properly identifying raw materials and developing an understanding of ingredient quality with training
- Measuring raw materials correctly using scales and volume measuring methods
- Correctly following standard recipes and processes for different product production
- Performing calculations to correctly scale recipes up or down as needed
- Heating oils and preparing ingredients for production
- Developing an extreme eye for detail and upholding expected quality of finished goods
- Correctly assigning batch dates and calculating expiration dates
- Packaging/wrapping/labeling finished goods
- Cleaning up after production, including dishes and surface/floor cleaning
- Assisting with inventory counts and restocking
- Helping receive raw materials and cataloging them properly
- Using strong organizational skills to assist with materials storage
- Labeling products, ingredients, and other materials precisely
- Organizing for the next day's tasks
- General production area cleaning
- Assisting with teamwork as assigned including things like mopping, dishwasher management, taking out trash, breaking down shipping boxes for recycling, moving pallets and empty oil drums
- Communicating with the team using Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs
- Following basic data entry procedures on a computer (training provided)
- Prior experience with precision measuring and strong math skills
- Energetic, positive, solution-based thinker to help overcome challenges as we scale our business
- Ability to take constructive feedback and contribute to continuous improvement activities in the company
- Drive to learn independently, taking initiative to learn about ingredients, safety, tools, and our industry in general and improve work-related skills
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to assist in cataloging standard processes and updating existing procedures, strengthening our use of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Positive attitude with an intention to build to the business, uplift your coworkers, and develop great team culture
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, lift things, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand, walk, reach, bend, and work on a counter surface throughout their workday, generally eight hours long. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Safety masks must be worn during any production activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Stretching is encouraged! Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and workspace evolve.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrance, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Schedule is generally Monday-Friday, 35-40 hours a week. Benefits such as a 75% contribution to monthly premiums for health insurance, wellness stipend, and paid time off available after initial evaluation period. We will provide training for the right candidate!
We are a small company, but we work hard, and we love what we do. Come grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter telling us why you're interested in the job. We will only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if we see a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Full-time, in-house. Local applicants only. This is not a remote work opportunity.
Salary: Dependent on experience, generally $18-$24/hr
Full-Time Employee Benefits: Paid time off, health insurance, 401k match, Quarterly Wellness Bonus, Osmia gift cards
Required Language: English Required, Spanish a bonus
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attn: Mary
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.