The holidays are upon us, which can feel like a temporary loss of sanity in addition to all the joy and wonderful madness the season brings each year. Many of us hit the road during the holidays to connect with loved ones, and the things you carry with you can be small, but still mighty in their impact on your wellbeing. Here are five, simple tips for keeping the holidays happy, healthy, and harmonious—for your skin and your sanity!
1) HOW DO I TRAVEL WITH BAR SOAP?
Cut your favorite Osmia soap in half, and put it in our soap travel bag, along with your favorite ffacial bar. You can also pick up our adorable Minibars, which come pre-sliced with their own soap saver and travel bag! You can drop the soaps into the bag when they're wet, then simply rinse the bag when you get where you’re going and it’s ready to use again as soon as it’s dry. No more soggy soap in ziploc bags!
2) HOW DO I SLEEP BETTER WHILE TRAVELING?
A travel-sized, one-ounce Night Body Oil could be your best friend in a new place. Having a familiar smell to ground you and signal to your body and brain that it's time to go to sleep can make a huge difference when you're in a new environment.
3) HOW DO I KEEP MY LIPS SOFT ON THE ROAD?
Keep a Lip Doctor in your pocket during your travels, but unpack Lip Repair for overnight healing when you land. The power of manuka honey and cupuacu butter are especially apparent when you let them do their work as you sleep. Oh, and a swipe of Lip Doctor makes a great overnight eye treatment if you’re looking for a little multitasking magic.
4) HOW DO I AVOID FRAGRANCE AND SLS?
If you have sensitive skin or dermatitis, it's worth considering whether you want to use the sheets and towels where you're going. If I'm staying in a hotel or an AirBnb, I always take my own pillowcase, since my face is not used to being exposed to synthetic scents and laundry detergent with sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate. If I'm gone for a while, I often take a few pods of my own laundry detergent in case there's an opportunity to wash my clothes, since the detergent there will likely be different than my own and could make my skin mad. You can even take your own towels; these pack flat and dry quickly.
5) HOW DO I TREAT BREAKOUTS WHILE TRAVELING?
Spotless Blemish Oil will be your savior if you feel a blemish cropping up on the plane—travel zits are a real phenomenon, especially over the holidays! Apply Spotless a few times throughout the flight with a clean pinky finger, and marvel as that zit changes its mind and tiptoes away. For real, I have started flights with a zit on the way in, and landed with it on the way out!
BONUS ITEMS TO KEEP YOUR SKIN HEALTHY WHILE TRAVELING
- Pack fresh fruits and veggies in your endlessly reusable Stasher Bags so you're getting your antioxidants from the inside. Crunching on them while you travel might prevent you from choosing something much less healthy!
- A water bottle will allow you to keep yourself hydrated much better than a little blue plastic cup on the plan, plus it will lower your environmental impact on the road.
- Alcohol wipes for your phone, keyboard, and tray table will help keep your hands (which often touch your face) and your surfaces clean.
- Facial wipes are a good option for the longer flights when you feel a little too grimy to wait for a shower.
With love and bons voyages from us to you,