PART-TIME PACKAGING TEAM MEMBER
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company. We are proud to produce top quality, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously sourced ingredients that really work. We are passionate about wellness and about building a strong team in our hometown of Carbondale, Colorado.
We are looking for a Part-Time Packaging Team Member to master the details surrounding product packaging at Osmia. This person will serve as an important link between our Production Team and the order fulfillment process executed by our Customer Experience Team. As a Packaging Team Member, this person will be excited to learn about the purpose of each product and develop a passion around how packaging each product optimally contributes to every customer’s experience with our brand. We need someone dependable, efficient, detail-oriented and neat, with a strong work ethic, an eye for quality, ability to collaborate, and perhaps a sense of artistry. As a Team Member, this person will contribute to packaging workflow planning and prioritize packaging needs in coordination with the Inventory Manager, the Production Team and the Customer Experience Team. They will help take responsibility for management and maintenance of tools, equipment, and facility space dedicated to packaging work.
- Learning, following, and eventually collaborating with teammates to implement and improve our standard processes for different packaging activities, including batching, labeling, wrapping, and/or boxing soap and skincare finished goods
- Confirming materials and information readiness for projects and following and / or providing clear, organized instructions for colleagues
- Participating in inventory counts for products and packaging, managing inventory for packaging physically (organizing and clearly identifying components)
- Collaborating with our Inventory Manager to receive packaging materials and execute quality control checks
- Mastering stock locations, transporting products between locations, and executing product transfers
- Assisting with sale preparation as needed, including assembling shipping boxes
- Performing math calculations for inventory counts, batch date confirmations, and throughout the day as needed to support standard work
- Assisting other departments as needed in relation to special projects for marketing, wholesale, facilities improvements, special events, etc.
- Helping train colleagues on packaging and assembly standards and materials organization, potentially onboarding short-term employees to assist with special projects
- Implementing safety measures and communicating any problems with the facilities, equipment, components, or team in a positive manner; contributing good ideas to make our workplace and systems even better
- Communicating with the team using Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs and Sheets
- Cleaning and sterilizing work areas and supporting our special safe workplace practices
- There is potential to add duties in our virtual spaces as this position grows – mastering our inventory management software to transfer, assemble, and adjust stock parallel to the physical work completed and updated / create new SOP documentation
- Positive, clear communicator with professional writing and speaking skills
- Ability to focus and complete goals for the day
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to understand how adjacent parts of our business relate
- Legible handwriting, strong organizational skills, good spatial awareness
- Outstanding math skills for work planning and materials management
- Strong mechanical and technology skills, including ability to learn new software and equipment
- Positive attitude with an intention to contribute to the business and support the team
- Comfort with physical aspects of the job - packaging work can be physically challenging
- Familiarity with product packaging is a plus
- Spanish-speaking ability is a plus
- Experience managing inventory systems or similar software and ability to do it well in our setting is a plus
- Interest in ongoing career development is a plus - there is opportunity to grow in this role and gain additional responsibilities using our inventory management software system if a passion for the work and ability to excel over time are demonstrated
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand, bend, and reach for up to ten hours on some days. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Employees in this position must be able to complete work for extended periods of time, which may require sitting or standing for extended periods, focusing on a task and performing repetitive movements. Safety goggles and masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes or exposure to solvents and ventilation must be on. Ear protection may be worn during loud activities. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and workspace evolve.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Schedule and Pay:
This position is a part-time non-exempt position, approximately 20-25 hours per week, on a regular schedule to be coordinated with the manager. Additional hours are possible. Starting pay is $18-$23 per hour, depending on experience. Opportunity to participate in a part-time employee benefit package after a successful onboarding period.
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come join our team, grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you're interested in the job and how you would contribute to our team. We only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if your submission seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Part-time, in-house. This is not a remote work opportunity.
Pay: $18-23 per hour dependent on experience
Required language: English required, Spanish a bonus
Local applicants only.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.