OSMIA SEASONAL ORDER FULFILLMENT TEAM MEMBER
Osmia is a growing natural skin care company. We are proud to craft top quality, beautiful products with extraordinary, consciously-sourced ingredients that really work. We are passionate about wellness and about building a strong team in our hometown of Carbondale, Colorado. We are grateful for a loyal group of local customers, and we receive many orders via our website to ship out.
We are looking for a Seasonal Order Fulfillment Team Member to help us fulfill customer orders (pick, pack, and ship). We need someone dependable, efficient, and smart who can pick up on details and communicate well with others.
We will provide training for the right person. Shipping operations experience is not required, but ability to learn and personal pride in doing good work is important.
- Processing and packing orders - each order is packed carefully for shipping or pick-up with emphasis on beautiful presentation
- Using software to prepare shipping labels and boxes for pickup by our mail carriers - you will have assistance as needed
- Product packaging, boxing, applying labels, assembling samples and gift sets, assembling shipping boxes
- Contributing to keeping the team workspace clean and tidy
- Good communication skills including a positive approach to all team members (virtual and in person)
- Strong physical capabilities to pack orders for a full shift multiple days a week
- Attention to detail and good organization skills so that orders are correctly packed for shipping or pick-up
- Basic computer skills to be able to print orders, look up orders, and print shipping labels
- Strong observation skills and good judgment
Note regarding physical demands:
To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch. Team members must be able to stand, bend, and reach for up to ten hours on some days. Employees regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member. Safety masks must be worn during any activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on. Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and work space evolve.
One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrances, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
Schedule and Pay:
The schedule is three or four shifts of six hours a day each week. Additional hours are possible. This is a seasonal position from October 17 through December 8 including paid training. Pay is $18-$23 per hour, depending on experience. Opportunity for bonus at the end of the season!
We are a small company, but we work hard and we love what we do. Come join our team, grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, better smelling place in the meantime!
If you're interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you're interested in the job and how you would contribute to our team. We only review applications with cover letters. We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but we will contact you for an interview if your submission seems like a good fit.
Job Location: Carbondale, CO 81623
Job Type: Seasonal October-December, in-house. This is not a remote work opportunity.
Pay: $18-23 per hour dependent on experience plus bonus opportunity.
Required language: English required, Spanish a bonus
Local applicants only.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. Osmia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.